Barudan BEVT Elite Pro II 15-Thread Embroidery Machine
Barudan single head machine, relatively simple for a professional system. Able to sew flats, caps and tubular goods.
Use of this tool requires successful completion of the BOSS class "Barudan - CNC embroidery" or an equivalent check-off.
- LCD screen
- Radius Cylinder Arm
- Large Field Size
- 10 million stitch capacity in 30 patterns
- CF Card slot
- USB 1.1 Compatible
- Ethernet Interface (board required, MN does not have this option)
- Serial COM port (board required, MN does not have this option)
- Standby function
- Automatic detection of top and bobbin thread breaks
- Maximum Embroidery Area: 330X500MM
- Cap Frame: 79x360mm
- Frames Max: 330x438mm
- Needles: 15
- Stitch Length: .1~12.7mm
- Speed: 1300
- Bobbin size L
- Electrical spec:
- VOLT AC 100-240 V
- WATT 0.5 KW
- PHASE 1P 50/60 HZ
MN Asset Details
- Location: where
- Model Number: BEVT-Z1501 CBII
- Serial Number: 3117897G13
- MN Asset Number: mnAN
Industrial Embroidery Safety
- The big red button is a 'STOP' button for emergency use.
- Operate only from the front. Do not load work to the machine from the back side.
- Keep your hands and face away from needles, take-up lever, trimmer, shafts, pulley, belts, gears, moving frames or any moving parts during operation. Avoid rotating hook and belt.
- Do not operate without the protective covers for the shaft, pulley belt and gear in place.
- No long necklaces, bracelets near the working machine. This includes your Maker Nexus badge. Pin back hair and avoid loose clothes and long sleeves which can get caught in gears, etc.
- One person at a time should work the machine.
Manuals (select BEVT on this page)
Materials, Tooling, Accessories
Maker Nexus has the following frames (hoops).
- 120 mm round (4.72") (quantity: 2)
- 150 mm round (5.9") (quantity: 2)
- 180 mm round (7.1") (quantity: 2)
- 158x232 mm (6.2x9.1") (quantity: 1)
- 240x240 mm (9.4x9.4") (quantity: 1)
- 300x290 mm (11.8x11.4") (quantity: 1)
- 330x438 mm (13x17.2") (quantity: 2)
- 127x305mm (5x12") (quantity: 1)
- 140x165mm (5.5x6.5") (quantity: 1)
- 79x360mm (3.1x14.2") (quantity: 2)
Note that the available embroidery area is smaller than the frame size because the embroidery foot must not strike the frame. Recommended margin is 10 mm (3/8") all around.
The default threads we have chosen for the Barudan are listed in the following table. The display colors for the LCD are configured to match these threads. If you change out threads for a project, you must restore to the standard threads when you are done. You should not change the display colors settings at all.
|1||Madeira Rayon 1002 Snow White|
|2||Madeira Rayon 1007 Amber Black|
|3||Madeira Polyneon 1811 Chrome|
|4||Madeira Rayon 1041 Polished Pewter|
|5||Madeira Rayon 1281 Radish|
|6||Madeira Rayon 1110 Fuchsia|
|7||Madeira Polyneon 1910 Florescent Strawberry|
|8||Madeira Rayon 1278 Orange Icing|
|9||Madeira Rayon 1171 Lemon Drop|
|10||Madeira Polyneon 1850 Florescent Green2|
|11||Madeira Rayon 1279 Tropical Teal|
|12||Madeira Rayon 1076 True Blue|
|13||Madeira Rayon 1330 Bahamas Blue|
|14||Superior Metallics #009 Military Gold|
|15||Madeira Rayon 1082 Antique Ecru|
Machine stitch files in the Barudan format can be loaded into the embroidery machine's memory from a USB key.
To create your own embroidery files, embroidery digitizing software is required. Maker Nexus has one copy of Wilcom Hatch Digitizer.
Hatch has an "autodigitize" function that attempts to convert a jpg into an embroidery file. It works best with simple pictures. For complex pictures, the results may not be very good.
This is the "digitizing step" that is not at all specific to the Barudan but applies to any embroidery machine.
You use software to create the stitch file. Most software has some kind of automated feature to do this but with varying results. The software usually offers a "Manual" digitizing that is significantly better in the long run, but the learning curve is steep.
Hatch by Wilcom
Maker Nexus owns one copy of Hatch by Wilcom. (list price $1,100) It is installed on the PC that sits next to the Barudan. Hatch offers a one month free trial, so you could test drive the software at home before buying it.
The Hatch software creates design files in .emb format which can be converted to Barudan stitch format using TruSizer. There is an "autodigitize" function that works okay (but not great) on simple designs (think line drawings or simple color blocks), but can create an unstitchable mess on something complex.
Inkscape has a plugin "Inkstitch", which can digitize and is free, but doesn't have all the features of the expensive programs. Some members feel Inkscape is too simplistic to get a good result on a complex picture.
- From whatever software you are using to digitize your design (e.g. hatch, etc…) export your design in “Brother .PES” format.
- Open the resulting .PES file in InkScape.
- Save that file from InkScape in “Barudan .FDR (.U??)” format.
- The resulting .U01 file can then be put on a usb stick and used in the machine.
Stitch file to Barudan format
Wilcom TruSizer software can be used to convert from most embroidery machine stitch file formats to the Barudan format. This software will also convert Wilcom embroidery design file formats (.emb and .art) to the Barudan machine stitch file format. There are three versions of TruSizer:
- Web: browser-based, free
- Desktop: Windows only, free
- Pro: Windows only, $49
The Pro version is available at Maker Nexus.
Tips & Tricks
If you are getting thread breaks:
- The bobbin is the first thing to check
- The second thing is to check is the white wheels at the top. Each is a thread speed sensor. If they don’t turn, the machine assumes a thread break. The thread must not only pass by the wheel, it must make one loop around it. Sometimes it likes to leap out and still look like it is properly installed.
Changing the Frame
Back to MN-S Textiles Equipment List