I have been a lifetime member of Techshop, and I certainly got my money's worth. Although I rarely went to Techshop, it was available to me when I needed it. I am also a member of Hacker Dojo, and Biocurious. I am a supporter of noisebridge.
I like to teach and learn by working on projects with others. A project I would like to work on with others is creating and improving a maker space.
My skills include:
- Carpentry, plumbing, installing sheetrock, painting
- Editing Wikipedia
- Know many programming languages
- Constructing computer hardware
- Computer networking, including firewalls
- Extensive use of SQL
- BaseCamp administrator
- Knowledge of good safety practices
- Designed and installed an access control system, including a magnetic lock and panic bar
- Qualified to operate most of the equipment in Techshop
- Although I am not a licensed electrician, I can wire to the Uniform Electrical Code
- Basic accounting
- Problem solving
Techshop failed to make use of volunteers or to create community. Volunteering provides an opportunity for members to get to know each other, help each other, and learn from each other. However, volunteers must be managed. I do not feel comfortable volunteering, without some supervision. I hope Makernexus makes good use of volunteers.
- Makernexus is running MediaWiki
- It has 92 content articles,
and 452 pages in total.
- There have been 2,564 edits.
- There are 150 uploaded files.
- There are 86 registered users,
- including 6 administrators.
- This information as of 10:27, 15 July 2020 (UTC)
- Comments about Media Wiki and ideas of how nexus might best use it
- All pages
- All categories
- Formatting sections
- makernexus, which as of January 24, 2018, was a blank page. As of August 14, 2018, the page worked properly.
- Wiki security issues
- For non confidential communications, please leave a message on my talk page.
- For private communication, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org