Roper Whitney No. 58 5-Ton Punch Press
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Use of this machine will require a BOSS class, to be developed. Meanwhile use is restricted to approved staff and volunteers.
- Capacity: 5 tons
- Depth of Throat: 18"
- Height of Throat: 5¾"
- Length of Stroke: 1"
- Adjustment of Ram: ¾"
- Die Space with Stroke Down & Adjustment Up: 5"
- Diameter of Punch Shank Hole in Ram: 1"
- Depth of Punch Shank Hole in Ram: 1¼"
- Slug Hole Clearance: 3 x 5"
- Bed Plate Holes—Center to Center: 6¾"
- Floor Space Required: 18" × 34"
- Weight: 485 lbs
- Electrical spec: xxxV 60Hz yyyA zzzW
MN Asset Details
- Location: Metalshop
- Model Number: Roper Whitney No. 58
- Serial Number: 3373 4 76
- MN Asset Number: mnAN
From the manufacturer's instruction manual:
- FOR MAXIMUM OPERATOR SAFETY DO:
- FOR MAXIMUM OPERATOR SAFETY DO NOT:
- Use punches and dies that are chipped or dulled.
- Punch over capacity of the tool.
- Nibble. Punch a full hole not a half hole as punch may contact die.
- Instructions and Parts List
- Manufacturer's guide to determining tonnage based on material and hole shape
Materials, Tooling, Accessories
Tips & Tricks
Back to MN-S Metalshop Equipment List