Makita LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Use of this machine will require a BOSS class, to be developed. Meanwhile use is restricted to approved staff and volunteers.
- Blade Diameter: 12"
- No Load Speed: 1,700 RPM
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°): 4½"
- Max. Cutting Capacity (at 45°): 3½"
- Arbor: 1"
- Max. kerf thickness of the saw blade
2.5 mm (3/32")
- Electrical spec: 120V~ 15A 50/60Hz
MN Asset Details
- The saw is loud and throws hot chips. Wear eye and ear protection.
- Check blade to make sure it is intact and that it turns freely.
- Use the vise to hold metal; do not use your hand.
- Cut only new (mild) steel and non-ferrous metal. No hardened steel, junk mystery metal, tools, axles, HSS tool bits, etc.
- Allow blade to come up to speed. Cut smoothly. Don’t force it, bump it, or make it bog down.
Materials, Tooling, Accessories
Tips & Tricks
Back to MN-S Metalshop Equipment List