Makernexuswiki:Terms of Service
This wiki is run by the Maker Nexus Steering Committee.
We want to run this wiki to be valuable to the community. As a result we have some rules in mind. We will try to articulate them here.
- Registered users only. Others can read all the docs but not post.
- User names must be your own or some form there of. If you are Jane Smith your user name can be jsmith or janesmith or jsmith19. You cannot be darkangel, sweetthing, forever21, madmaker, etc. Sorry. We find that civility comes with identification. We are not an underground group of rebels against the government and as a result we can all afford to use our real names. (If you feel a need to hide your identity online for any reason, let us know and we will assign you a generic user name at random, something like TSmith.)
- Be nice. Do not be abusive; we promise not to be abusive too. Please email us or post on any of our member pages if we do something you don't like. We are not afraid of feedback.
- Stay on topic. Do not revert, then re-revert, then revert again. This isn't a forum for discussing religion or politics. We are interested in well tested truths. When there is more than one good way to accomplish something, please consider organizing the page(s) to reflect both options and provide the pros and cons of each. There will be absolutely no fights on this wiki.
- No photos, no files. At this time we have disabled image and file upload. With image uploading we have to worry about things like pornography and policing that. We have also disabled file upload which avoids many copyright claims issues and bandwidth concerns. This may seem overly restrictive, we feel this wiki can achieve its mission without image and file uploads.
Violate these rules and we will have to restrict your access.
We reserve the right to edit pages for brevity and clarity and sometimes we will restructure a discussion topic to bring the most relevant information to the top. Actually, we hope that you will also do this! This is a wiki that we can all edit. Please join us in keeping things easy to use, relevant, and informative.
We hope you agree that these rules make this a great reference source for people who make things. If not, then this probably isn't the place for you.