Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This page is about general woodworking tools and tips. For the wood shop at the Maker Nexus makerspace in Sunnyvale, CA, see MN-S Wood Shop.
Of course, wood! Check out the Wood Database for tons of information about different woods. Identification, strength, finishes, etc.
- How to pick a vise? A fun video with serious information
- Using a skew. Nice video explaining skew angles and when to use each.
- Sharpening: The grind on DeWalt chisels is very rough out of the box. The edge isn't durable because it is very jagged. To get a good edge on them you need to carefully flatten the surface of the bevel of the chisel with a rough sharpening stone before moving on to finer grits. Sandpaper is not the right tool for the job.
- Epoxy wood inlay. Good process from Fine Woodworking.