This is a page of things we find on the internet that have some unusual appeal. The internet being what it is, these links might break but at least you'll know that something *could* be done. As the number of links grows, we'll have to find a way to organize them.
- Machines that have marbles running through them. A bit of Rube Goldberg on your table top.
Print an Image on Wood
- Use an inkjet printer to print on wax paper, then transfer it to wood.
- From recycled material.
Cube Robot that "walks"
- The Cubli is a 15 × 15 × 15 cm cube that can jump up and balance on its corner. Reaction wheels mounted on three faces of the cube rotate at high angular velocities and then brake suddenly, causing the Cubli to jump up and balance on its corner. The motor torques can also be used to 'walk'.
MIT Cube Robots
- Cubes that can assemble against each other.
- Video showing how to use cheap DIN rails for a universal mounting system. Great idea.
Fractal Vice, 3D printed
- Thingiverse project with a very interesting vice design to hold odd shaped things.
Magnetically Coupled Gears
- Gears that use magnetic force to transfer energy. Easy to make and an interesting physics demonstration.
- Interesting and beautiful Derek Hugger also sells plans for his devices.