Starting a Maker Space
Resources for Creating A New Space
- Nation of Makers US non-profit helping maker spaces.
- How-to guide from Nation of Makers, an excellent document.
- How to set your membership price
- A presentation on the process of organizing, help guiding the conversation with your initial group of friends.
- Non-profit real estate development
- APROE, a company the specializes in machine shop set-up
- Open Works Baltimore, blog on how they started
- A guide from FormLabs: Incentives and Ingredients for Building a Makerspace
- Makerspace organizing experiences
- Tax Exempt Status
- Getting City Help in Opening a Makerspace
- Access Control Systems - For doors and machines
- Machine Maintenance Tracking
- Managing Your Membership List
- Scheduling Software - To make reservations
- Asset Tracking
- Maker Network is creating free software for makerspaces
These solutions cover several functions you might need.