Makerspace To-Do List
- 1 Current Projects
- 1.1 General Space
- 1.2 Main Room
- 1.3 Class room
- 1.4 Event Room
- 1.5 Bathrooms
- 1.6 Woodshop
- 1.7 Metal shop
- 1.8 MN Office
- 1.9 Large conference room
- 1.10 Small conference room
- 1.11 Break Room
- 1.12 IT work
- 2 Upcoming Projects
If you would like to sign up to help with a particular project, please contact Eric Hess or Regina Sakols.
Please use a yellow background to indicate a high priority task.
Please use a Bold In Progress - YourName to indicate it is being worked on.
Please use an Italic Complete after a task to note it has been finished.
- GFI outlet
- Prime wall in main room. -In Progress - Eric H
- Sand wall in main room. -Complete
Applies to the overall space, no specific area test
- Find a location and method to store the vast fastener supply we have
The large carpeted room on the right (address 234)
- Set up 3D printer shelving unit and attach to wall
The room on the 236 side with computers.
- Remove electrical and LAN box from middle of floor - Gabriel. box is moved to side wall. needs to have concrete screws into floor to secure it
- Rekey (and remove files in...) File Cabinet
The large carpeted room on the left side (236)
- Rekey lock on door to balcony
- Change sink to be a slop sink
Large one in 236
- Install lock on door
Small one in 236
Large one in 234
Small one in 234
- Fix leaking toilet - is it really leaking?
- position ShopBot
- Build 2nd Work-table (Duplicate existing pipe-frame table)
- Purchase additional pipe for legs
- Trade out legs in current table for new, shorter ones - work table to be same height as Kreg table next to it.
- Assemble pipe frame.
- Build 2nd top - glued together with wood glue, screwed together for clamping force, then cut to 48x48" with track saw, 1/4" roundover bit on all edges
- Finish top with clear acrylic polyurethane (Deft - in Woodshop currently)
- Clean both Flammables Material Cabinets
- Use spray cleaner - HD Cleaner in woodshop currently - wipe down all exterior surfaces, clean interior
- Make inventory of contents of flammables cabinet (needed for permit submission)
- Build stands for Mini-Lathes
- Source Materials
- Cut to size to match Rikon Mini-Lathe Stand
- Contact Eric Hess to help with welding frame
- Prime & Paint
- Fire rated door for access to the area
Fork lift charger
- Replace protective ground wire with 12 gauge - may not be needed--awaiting review by electrical contractor - Frank
- Label and lock the disconnect switch - completed in February - Frank
- Secure top of cabinet to wall - completed January 12, 2019 - Frank
Large conference room
The room on the right (234 side) with the shark logo window.
- Tape over pulls in rug.
Small conference room
The room on the left (236 side).
- Install GFI outlet under sink
- Resolve the low voltage transformer behind the refrigerator. Why is it there? Remove it.
- Investigate and select an RFID solution
- Badge printer
- Set up in a location
- Document how it works
- Badge reader front desk, working with EZFacility
- Machine use
- Design a solution for the red/green lights on machinery
- Guy buy in from interested parties
- Build and deploy
- Complete wiki pages on each of our equipment: Makerspace Equipment