MN COVID Response
It's essential to follow health and safety protocol when getting involved:
- If you have any of the these symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) do not get involved in any of the projects
- Even non-symptomatic people can carry and transmit the virus, therefore when handling material or making items always wear a mask.
Members, see MN COVID War Facility Access Policy for more details.
We have several project that you could be involved with. As more projects develop, we will list them here.
In SF Bay Area
Maker Nexus is coordinating an effort. You can read the projects above and get involved with us. Each project will tell you how to contact our lead for that project. We may also be able to supply you material for the effort; we are sourcing what we can.
Outside the SF Bay Area
If you are not in the Maker Nexus area (SF Bay Area, South) you could start your own effort in your area. Your effort is two pronged: find people and supplies to make stuff; find organizations that need stuff. You don't want to make things and then have no where to deploy them.
Some ideas of places you can contact in your area:
- The non-profit that supports your local hospital; there is often a foundation
- A CCRC (continuing care retirement community) near you
- On NextDoor mention what you are doing and ask for contacts into your local health care system
You should consider how you will organize your local group of volunteers. Maker Nexus uses Slack, it's free to get started. Others use Discord. Others chat by Skype or Zoom every day.
I want to Help
As mentioned above, our project pages each have instructions. If these projects are not for you or you have other skills to contribute, you might consider registering here